Friday, September 4, 2009

It's Never Too Hot to Eat!




Last week I visited my son and his family in Phoenix where it was over 105 degrees every day we were there. It was not, however, too hot to eat!

My daughter-in-law, 3 year old grandson and I had dinner out when the older "boys" went to the Cardinals game. In the hot desert heat, spicy Thai food sounded appealing so my daughter-in-law suggested a nearby restaurant, Latitude 8, a Thai grill in downtown Chandler. We started with spring rolls wrapped in rice paper and filled with rice, tofu and vegies with a mildly spicy dipping sauce.

While waiting for our entrees my grandson amused us by pointing out all the different vehicles passing outside our window, and there were lots!

For an entree I had Pad Thai, my favorite. It had both shrimp and chicken and the grilled shrimp was briny and succulent. The photo shows how beautifully it was presented. My daughter-in-law had Yellow Curry Chicken and Rice.

For dessert we had Mango Sticky Rice which I had never eaten. The rice was cooked in coconut milk and sugar and served with thin slices of ripe mango.

One day for lunch we returned to Joe's Farm Grill that has been featured on The Food Network. I had a grilled ahi tuna sandwich with a wasabi mayonnaise on a buttered and toasted bun with some Asian slaw. The food is always great but what we really go back for are the sweet potato fries. Should I feel virtuous for eating such a healthy food?

No comments: