Sunday, December 13, 2009

How to Store Cookies

It's important that you store cookies carefully after they are baked. Store crisp cookies loosely covered at room temperature. Soft and chewy cookies should be tightly covered so that they don't dry out.

Don't mix strong flavored cookies (like Ginger Snaps) with other cookies because the flavor will transfer.

When I frost cookies, I let them dry at room temperature before placing them in cookie tins. Place waxed paper between the layers to prevent sticking.

To help control the chaos of the holiday season, bake your cookies ahead and freeze them. Cookies freeze well and thaw quickly at room temperature. Wrap them tightly and store them up to 3 months.

And don't forget- if you leave cookies for Santa, he'll need a glass of milk!

2 comments:

Jibran Ahmed Khan said...

nice A great website of cooking I like your recipes. Also you will like these blogs bcz these are also my personal sites just visit and make recipes for your family these all are Asia’s famous and delicious dishes.

Free Biryani Recipes <=> Free Asian Food Recipes <=> Free Food Recipes

Kari said...

I just stumbled across your site while looking for info on cookie storage. I am wondering if cookies and quickbreads can be stored at room temperature if they contain eggs? I would like to send cookies to relatives, but I wasn't sure if it is safe since they contain eggs. If it is safe, is there a time limit, like 48 hours, before they should be refrigerated after baking?