Monday, March 21, 2011

Promoting Scandinavian Classic Baking

Yesterday I had a new experience- I participated for about 30 minutes on a nationally syndicated radio show. Pierre Wolfe's America's Dining and Travel Guide is broadcast live on Sundays from 3-5 Eastern time and has been on the air for 20 years.

Here's the link: http://archives.warpradio.com/btr/AmericasDining/032015.mp3 My segment begins about halfway across.

I was concerned about calling in at the right time because of the change to daylight savings time and being in Phoenix (where the time didn't change) but I was right on schedule. A friend met me at her office so I could use a land line.

Before the interview, I made a list of talking points and was glad I did. It refreshed my memory of the recipes in the book and the research I had done. One of the first questions Pierre asked me was about baking at high altitude. Fortunately I didn't need to give specifics, just agree that it is an issue. But because I had done some prep I felt confident I could answer questions. It's scary being on the air live!
Pierre's show is live and divided into 15 minute segments. If you click on the link, I begin after the first half hour. Rick Steves was the guest scheduled after me and I am impressed.

Later this week, on Thursday, I'm appearing on AZ Midday on KPNX Phoenix NBC 12 at 1 p.m. so I'm busy baking this week.

No comments: