Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Next Food Network Star

OK, I admit it, I did get sucked into The Next Food Network Star. There's not a lot on TV in the summer. As a food professional, it was fascinating to watch the contestants responses to the challenges they faced. Honestly, I couldn't have come up with some of their solutions, especially with larger quantities of food. And I could sympathize with some of their "less successful" results.

I'm not sure I would have picked the same winner as the judges, but I'm sure we have different criteria!

I just found a reference to the LA Times article about the runner-up getting his own show. It proves that if you are really good, even if you don't come in first, you can still be noticed.

Here's the link:


http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2009/08/las-jeffrey-saad-is-the-spice-smugger-.html

No comments: