Friday, June 4, 2010

Pizzaria Bianco- Worth the Wait?




We just returned from Phoenix and finally managed to eat at Pizzaria Bianco in downtown. We gave in and waited almost 3 hours for a table. I have never waited that long for anything!!

We arrived at 4:05 for the 5 p.m. opening and were too late to be in the first seating. We learned this at 5 p.m. after the doors opened and the line slowly moved forward. We were the first group that had to continue waiting. Don't forget, it was Phoenix and the temperature was at least 99 degrees F.-- but it's a dry heat and there was some shade. My son was the one who stood patiently in line.

There's a bar in the house next door and we were able to wait inside and have a drink and appetizers. Probably because we had a 7-year old and a 4-year old with us, we had a room to ourselves and had a nice visit while we waited.

Our appetizer was Bruschetta, toasted bread spread with a mild goat cheese and drizzled with olive oil and a little basil. Quality ingredients and very simple!!

We were seated around 7 p.m. and the food came quickly after that. I ordered my favorite Pizza Margarita. The crust was crisp and chewy and toppings were fresh and everyone at the table devoured their pizza.

Was it worth a 3 hour wait? I didn't think it was any better than Punch Pizza in the Twin Cities but maybe I was just disgruntled from the long wait. For me, I think it's all about the wait!

No comments: