Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolution: Healthy Lifestyle

I've been writing about health and nutrition and their interactions for the last couple of years and have resolved to make some important changes. I'm starting with small changes that I believe I will actually make.

Eating Healthy:

Eat fish once or twice a week.

Focus on eating more vegetables and concentrate on colorful vegetables that are high in antioxidants. This time of year sweet potates and winter squash add lots of antioxidants and fiber.

Eat more whole grains and increase fiber. A great way to start the day is with a bowl of oatmeal.

Drink a least 4 glasses of water a day.

Take a multivitamin everyday and a calcium supplement. (It is possible to get enough vitamins and minerals from your diet but very challenging on a daily basis.)

Increase exercise-this in the one that's hardest for me.

No comments: