Monday, December 15, 2008

Recipe Sources

I must admit although I have a room full of cookbooks, I often go to the web for recipes. For baking recipes, I always go to Baking Basics and Beyond first!

There are times when I know what I want to do but need some guidance with amounts. When you go to the web you can be overwhelmed with responses. It is important to evaluate the source of the recipes. I've found magazine web sites to be loaded with good accurate information. I recommend

www.myrecipes.com
www.bonappetit.con
www.gourmet.com
www.epicurious.com

I use www.allrecipes.com a lot when I'm looking for classic recipes but it's important to remember that their recipes can be submitted by anybody and can be missing ingredients or other key elements. Usually there are several recipes that are very similar, so read them all before you choose one. And read the comments.

Food company web sites are also sources of great information. Try www.BettyCrocker.com

No comments: