Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Party Season

Because of all the entertaining that goes on during this time of year I'm trying to provide useful information when I write. I'm having Friends in for a dessert buffet which is something I enjoy doing.

But most people entertain with an appetizer party. Recently on Ina Garten's television show on the food network , The Barefood Contessa, she gave some guidelines on what to serve that I think are very useful.

She suggest serving 6 appetizers, allowing 3 appetizers per person and having a variety of hot, cold, meat and vegetable. Her advice: make three and buy three. I was surprised that she recommends 3 wine glasses per person but I agree once you set your glass down, you often forget where and take another glass.

Let me know if you are having a party this year.

No comments: