Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Mill City Farmers Market- and More Butter


Today we went to the Mill City Farmer's Market to celebrate the strawberry festival. I purchased 2 quarts of locally grown berries with a strawberry flavor I haven't taste for a long time- sweet and natural and nothing like the flavor of a Driscoll berry. I'm going to make freezer jam because it is so easy to make and it captures the sweet and juicy freshness.

We also brought home Alaskan wild salmon that was frozen at sea and freshly churned organic butter.

Tasting the butter alone it is was much saltier than Crystal salted butter but we both thought is had a better flavor. Now, I'm going to use it to bake a cake and practice for my July demo at the market.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

Vive Farmers Markets and buying local!