Wednesday, October 8, 2008

All About Apples: KARE 11 Showcase Minnesota

Tuesday I appeared on KARE 11 Showcase Minnesota with apple recipes from Baking Basics and Beyond. I prepared Caramel Apple Crisp, Apple-Pear Brown Betty, Apple Blondies, Apple Praline Coffee Cake. As soon as the show ended, everyone from the station cam into the studio for samples. I also demonstrated how to use an "apple peeler" that pares, cores and slices in one step. Once it's attached to the counter it is very easy to use. They're actually on sale this week at a local discount supermarket. Rob Hanson, the host, said they loved having me and I should come everyday. My response "Maybe not every day, it's a lot of work!". After I said can we edit that, but "no"- it's live TV.

Here's the link to Showcase MN web site.

http://www.showcaseminnesota.com/video/player_recipes.aspx?fname=/recipes/100708_5298_apple_kare.wmv

No comments: