Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cranberry Walnut Bars

Baking Basics and Beyond has a recipe for Cranberry Walnut Tarts which are easy to make, and filled with the festive flavors of autumn. I've used the recipe when I've done classes and demos. Because in a class or demo there are time restraints and the need for numerous servings, I've developed Cranberry Walnut Bars. The bars are baked in a 13x9 inch baking pan. If you bake either recipe, be sure add a dollop of creme fraiche before serving. Creme fraiche is a thick cream, similar to sour cream but a milder flavor and very rich and creamy. (Locally it is available at Byerly's and Lunds.) When it is served with the Cranberry Walnut Bars the flavors sing.

The recipe for the bars was posted on October 11 in my blog titled Fall Baking at the Mill City Museum. Let me know if you like the flavors.

No comments: