Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Monday night I had dinner with friends at Cafe Ena, a casual neighborhood restaurant in south Minneapolis. The food was a new experience for me. It was called Latin Fusion Cuisine, a term that was new to me. But the combinations of flavors combined into a delicious whole. Jumbo shrimp were wrapped in prosciutto and grilled, then served with red pepper mashed potatoes, sauteed artichokes, grilled asparagus and surrounded with a lemon caper sauce. My only complaints were that I didn't find any capers which I love and the prosciutto was a little too salty for the shrimp. Two salmon entrees and a pork entree must have been delicious because everyone cleaned their plate. For dessert we shared Blueberry Empanandas, accompanied by creme anglaise and roasted corn ice cream. I couldn't taste any corn in the ice cream but it was rich and creamy. We shared a Portuguese vinho verde that had just a bit of a sparkle. I'll be back.

No comments: